Last Modified: September 2016
What Information is Collected?
The information we may collect includes, but may not be limited to:
- Your contact information to include in the transmission of your electronic card, such as your first name, last name, and email address;
- Your billing information to process card purchases, such as your name, address, phone number, email address;
- All information included by you in generating and sending a card or communications on the Site;
- Your transaction history relating to the use of our products and services, including chosen card designs;
- Information regarding your browser and other technical specifications required to use our Site.
- Information regarding the viewing of any card sent through the Site, including how many times the card was viewed by the recipient and customer;
- Computer data or files, often called “cookies,” which may be sent by your web browser and stored on an individual computer to allow our server to “recognize” you through the navigation of the Site;
- Computer data files, often called “web beacons” that are collected from emails or links on third-party sites that allow our server to evaluate the popularity of those links or the information contained in emails or on third-party sites; and
- Your IP address to measure our website traffic and to help provide a more personalized experience.
When you use the Site to send a card, we collect certain personal information about the recipient such as his or her name and email address. We may share the information regarding your transaction with third parties as necessary to process your transaction. For credit card purchases, we utilize a third party vendor to process your credit card payment and by using the Site, you must share your information with the third party vendor. The information you share with third party vendors to process credit card information will be collected and managed as described by the vendor’s privacy policies. If you choose to provide the personal information of third parties we will store that information only in connection with your relationship with us (e.g. to send electronic cards).
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Site and System are not designed for children, and we do not knowingly collect information from any person under the age of 13.
How is User Information Used and Shared?
We collect information about you in order to provide you with services and products and also collect information that is necessary for the Site to work properly. We use personal information about our users for a variety of purposes related to our business, including but not limited to:
- Allowing you to receive information from us regarding Komfort Kardz products or services;
- Tracking information about your visits to our Site to allow us to provide better service;
- Processing your payment transaction and payment status;
- Using certain online preferences in the aggregate across all users to evaluate the Site and develop additional products and services to offer;
- Completing transactions through the Site initiated by you and sent to your designated recipient;
- Sending or initiating direct marketing programs, such as newsletters or information about new products or services we are offering;
- Contacting you regarding an inquiry on the Site that you have initiated;
- Using content from social media platforms where you discuss our products or use a hashtag related to our products;
- Providing information about your usage or preferences to our third-party vendors and providers; and
We may provide user information to third-party service providers or vendors for purposes of, including without limitation, processing your credit card information, initiating direct marketing programs on our behalf, data tracking, maintenance or development of our Site, development of online products and services or customer service or new product development, or other contracted promotional opportunities provided to our users. We currently use a third party credit card payment processor, PayPal, to process credit card transactions on the Site, though we may change this vendor at any time.
We will not share your information with third parties to directly market their products to you. We may share this information with any subsidiaries, licensees, suppliers, distributors, affiliates, assigns, successors, or other related entities and their respective owners. We may also share your personal information in connection with law enforcement requests or in response to investigations, subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims or as otherwise required by law.
We may also disclose your information to a third party as part of reorganization or a sale of the assets of Komfort Kardz, or its subsidiaries or divisions. Any third party to which Komfort Kardz transfers or sells the Site or related assets will have the right to continue to use the personal and other information that you provide to us.
We may also use third-party vendors, such as Google Analytics, to advertise to our users online. These third-party vendors may display Komfort Kardz product advertisements on other websites based on your internet usage. More specifically, these vendors use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on your past visits to the Site or another site affiliated with Komfort Kardz products or services. Any information that these third parties collect via cookies is not linked to any personally identifiable information (name, address, email address, or phone number) we collect or you provide on the website. You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising by using Google’s Ads Settings.
How is User Information Protected?
We maintain administrative, physical and technical safeguards for all user information collected in our Site. Our Site maintains a Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificate and our Site and web servers processing our payments meet the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS).
How Can Users Limit Information Collected?
While we work hard to use and disclose our users’ personal information only for the purposes identified above, you can choose not to provide personal information or limit the personal information obtained by us as follows:
- You may have your contact information removed from our marketing lists to inform users of new or relevant products, services, and special offers by clicking on the unsubscribe link in any communication received from us or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org; and
- You may limit the collection of “cookies” through your browser settings. However, this may disable our ability to provide you with the most relevant products or information regarding the System.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code § 1798.83 permits users that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us at email@example.com.
12152 Cabot Ave
Dundas, MN 55019